Thursday, July 12, 2007

Managing Across the Generations

One of the blogs I frequently read is Penelope Trunk. She posted a report published by Deloitte & Touche on managing across the generations. You can download the report here:
http://blog.penelopetrunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/deloitte-generations.pdf

I also recently read a report in Training Magazine that despite beliefs generational differences exist, all generations share core values which include an emphasis on family.

My husband has told me I can "stay Navy" or I can stay married. The biggest change in regarding the Navy as employer of choice is the massive number of hours I work at the expense of time with my family. At this point, I am working over 50 hours a week. There have been times in the past few months where I have worked six 12-hour shifts in the space of seven days. Unfortunately, I am not the only one in this situation. This will have increasingly chilling aspects for Navy recruiting as it attempts to do more with less.

No comments: